Chevrolet is taking the guesswork out of the car-buying process with a new, simpler approach to pricing and packaging for the 2013 Chevy Spark. When the mini car goes on sale later this year, The Chevy Spark will be available in three well-equipped trim levels starting at $12,995 including destination.
The Chevy Spark is a sporty, fuel-efficient, four-passenger, five-door hatch designed to excite first-time car buyers and city dwellers with bold styling, attention-grabbing colors - including Salsa, Jalapeno, Denim, Lemonade and Techno Pink - engaging driving dynamics, the personalized connectivity of MyLink, and the safety of 10 standard air bags.
The Chevy Spark also offers more passenger and cargo room than other mini cars such as the Fiat 500, Smartfortwo and Scion IQ.
"With the Chevy Spark, Chevrolet has the opportunity to connect with a new generation of car buyers who expect more from every product they purchase," said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet Global Marketing. "So we wanted to make the process of choosing a Spark as simple as possible by reducing the number of stand-alone options and providing more standard content to each trim level at a competitive price."
What colors does it come in?
Chevy Spark LS starting at $12,995 includes:
- Standard 1.2L Ecotec engine and five-speed manual transmission
- Standard convenience features including air conditioning, power windows, rear window wiper, auxiliary input jack, outside temperature display and trip computer
- 15-inch alloy wheels
- 60/40 split flip-and-fold rear seat
- Comprehensive safety package including 10 air bags, electronic stability control with traction control and brake assist
- OnStar Directions & Connections plan standard with six-month introductory subscription
Chevy Spark 1LT starting at $14,495 includes LS standard content and adds:
- Standard 7-inch color touch radio with Chevrolet MyLink, Bluetooth connectivity for select phones, steering wheel audio controls, USB port and Sirius XM Radio with three-month trial subscription
- Other standard convenience features include power door locks with remote keyless entry, theft deterrent system, outside power mirrors, floor mats, visor mirrors, and cruise control
Chevy Spark 2LT starting at $15,795 includes all 1LT standard content and adds:
- Unique 15-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lamps
- Exterior appearance enhancements including silver painted roof rails; chrome lift gate handle, exhaust outlet and beltline molding; body-color lower rocker molding; front and rear body-color sport fascias with unique front upper and lower grille inserts
- On the interior, leatherette seats and heated front seats and leather-wrapped steering wheel
A 4-speed automatic transmission is available on all models for $925. The only other available options include an engine block heater for $75 and Black Granite paint for $195.
Chevrolet MyLink in the Chevy Spark will include Pandora internet radio and Stitcher Smart Radio apps. Later in the model year, the recently introduced GogoLink - an embedded smartphone application that delivers full-function navigation including live traffic updates - will be available. Pricing for GogoLink will be announced later.
The Chevy Spark is the only car in its segment to provide the added value of a five-year, 100,000-mile powertrain warranty and the safety and security of OnStar.