OnStar is the in-vehicle safety and security system created to help protect you and your family on the road. OnStar's innovative three-button system offers:
- 24-hour access to expertly trained, caring Advisors
- A connection to emergency assistance
- Access to OnStar Hands-Free Calling
How Do I Get OnStar?
Install OnStar System OnStar is a factory-installed option and cannot be installed by a dealer or retailer, so you must do one of the following:
Purchase a vehicle with OnStar
Because of GM's commitment to continuous safety - offering protection before, during, and after collisions - OnStar became standard in the full range of GM retail cars, trucks, Crossovers, and SUVs in the United States and Canada by 2007. An OnStar service subscription is included with your purchase of a new GM OnStar-equipped vehicle.
Find a new or pre-owned car, truck, Crossover, or SUV available with OnStar offering the safety, security, and convenience features that are right for you.
Own a vehicle with OnStar
For example, if you see these the blue OnStar buttons in your vehicle:
Just push the blue OnStar button.
- If a live OnStar Advisor responds, ask the Advisor about the status of the OnStar services in your vehicle.
- If you hear a recorded message, push the blue button a second time to speak to a live Advisor about activating your service.
OnStar MyLink Mobile App
The mobile app that connects owners with their vehicles wherever it is, whenever they want.
OnStar MyLink offers an amazing level of control and connection to vehicles. After downloading and registering the app, owners with an eligible vehicle can use their compatible smart phone to access real-time data from their vehicle and perform specific commands - like unlocking their doors remotely.
Unparalleled control to:
- Lock/unlock doors from any distance
- Start vehicles remotely
- Activate Horn & Lights to help locate vehicle
- Contact an OnStar Advisor, Roadside Assistance or Preferred Dealer
Unprecedented connectivity to:
- View real-time fuel information, including fuel range, gallons of gas remaining and lifetime MPG
- Check remaining oil life
- View current tire pressure
- Readings & recommendations
- Access account information
OnStar MyLink Activation
All communication between the app and vehicles is powered by OnStar's advanced connected technology. For that reason, owners must have an active OnStar account as well as a valid OnStar website Username and Password to use the app. Please note: If your customer already has an OnStar Username and Password, they'll still need to visit their Account Setting to activate the apps Remote Commands and to verify that their correct email address is listed on their account profile.
OnStar MyLink Compatible Devices and App Download:
- iPhone and iPod Touch devices visit the AppStore and search for OnStar MyLink
- Android mobile device with WVGA or HVGA resolution running Android OS 2.1 or later visit the Android Market using your mobile device and search for OnStar MyLink
Eligible 2011MY Vehicles
Requires OnStar generation 9 hardware.
Visit the OnStar MyLink web page with demonstration videos and more on onstar.com. To navigate to the page, visit onstar.com and click on the OnStar MyLink Mobile App tile near the bottom of the page. Make sure to visit the site so that you'll be ready to tell your customers about this exciting new feature!
OnStar MyLink brings unmatched vehicle connectivity into the palm of vehicle owners hands and is another great feature which demonstrates GM's commitment to lead in advanced technology while creating the world's best vehicles!